Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 1 month ago

Small random muscle twitches for 5 days now. Help?

For the past 5 days I’ve had small random muscle twitches throughout my body that last maybe a second or two. Mostly my legs. I’ve been extremely anxious lately and stressed about it. Of course I googled it and now I’m scared it’s something more serious. I can’t see a doctor for a few weeks but has this happened to anyone and is it normal? I only notice it when I’m sitting or laying down throughout the day.

It’s probably nothing but you should get a full work up with your doctor as it could be the early symptoms of something more serious but it’s probably just a little dehydration so drink water and have a balanced diet and do some exercises and if you don’t feel better by tomorrow go to your doctor

• Goerge

That's completely normal. We have hiccups occasionally and so too do other muscles spasm. Even the eyelid muscles will involuntarily twitch and some are irritated or worried about it. Funny enough it's stress that can cause these twitches. There can be other causes for these occasional spasms but it's nothing to worry about. 

Are you sleeping poorly due to your anxiety and stress? RLS--restless leg syndrome, in which the muscles of the leg twitch involuntarily, sometimes hard enough to move the leg--often is at its worst when the person is tired.

If that's what this is, there's no cause for concern. It's harmless to let it go untreated, but there are also Rx treatments that aren't even expensive. Mine's under $4 for 30 pills.

• kelvin

you stop with the self diagnosing and see a doctor