1996 Ford Bronco 351W EGR question?

If you got a 96 bronco with stock 351W engine can you do me a solid and take a look at it and tell me where exactly the EGR Valve is, and if it taps into manifold or head? I'm planning a build and am no where near my bronco and wont be anytime soon. im replacing the heads with GT40's and want to avoid removing the egr system and the headache that follows. I believe in 96 ford used a different egr setup then previous years and need to get all my facts straight. 

1 Answer

  • 3 months ago

    I had a 1995 Bronco (351W) that I outfitted with GT-40 heads from a wrecked Lightning. The EGR tube should be on the driver's side, near the rear of intake manifold, close to the firewall.  On a 1996 it might be different, but I wouldn't think it would be.  

    BTW you're going to need a new set of exhaust manifolds or headers as the exhaust ports on the GT-40 heads don't match up with the stock manifolds on the E7 heads. 

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.