Can liberals help me understand why they vote for welfare when all it does is keep people poor ?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Ro
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Liberals want everyone dependent upon the government for everything, that way the people can be controlled.

• 4 weeks ago

No, I can’t explain the “logic” behind your connie talking point.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Welfare doesn't keep people poor, capitalism does (by making a tiny minority very rich).

Welfare only stops people from going into crime or prostitution.

Welfare-cliffs (poverty-trap) punishes the unemployed who accept a part-time job

• 4 weeks ago

The "truth is, it doesn't. This has been a Republican mantra for years. Many do work, but are not paid enough to pay bills, and put food on the table. Some are going to school to better their lives, but need a "hand up" to reach their goal. Cons have called them "lazy", well maybe some are, but the majority are working toward a better life. Some become victims of abandonment, usually women with children, and are left stranded, and need time to become independent, with a job or learn a skill. Some have physical or mental disabilities, (although, I suspect some "cheat the system", and should be "weeded" out.) But most are on the up & up.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

To insure that the recipients keep voting Democrat.  You can thank LBJ for creating the welfare state that makes voters dependent upon it.  Easiest way to get votes is to buy 'em.   Right, libs?

Attachment image
  • 4 weeks ago

If that were true people receiving government benefits would receive them forever.  That is not the case.    Depending on the program most last only a few years on assistance.  Try again when you have some facts.

I thought you were going to improve this place by leaving.  I knew that was a lie from a lying sack of schitt

• humpty
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

If compassion for those less fortunate than yourself is not motivation enough to feed the hungry, consider Thomas Jefferson's warning that "When the rich oppress the poor by law the poor oppress the rich by violence."

If you have no charity perhaps a little fear might do some good.

• Dmitri4 weeks agoReport

Perhaps your family should have been gassed 

• Some people are comfortable with a welfare lifestyle. Others use it to help themselves up the ladder.

• Leo
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Would that include members of the United States military who are on food stamps?

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Why do you Russians even care?

• 4 weeks ago

They think they're voting themselves gifts from the public treasury.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.