What is wrong with my ankle?

Over the past few months I've been very troubled by my right ankle. It started off about 2/3 months ago when i was trying to sleep and my ankle just felt incredibly uncomfortable (I have no idea how else to describe it). After this it started happening every night, it then developed into happening during the day as well. And now sometimes its painful and throbs. Its really disrupting my life, I cant sleep and nothing seems to help! Its extremely distressing at times when i'm exhausted and trying to sleep or trying to concentrate in class. Please does anyone have any answers?

• audrey

While you're waiting for your doctor's appointment, try resting your ankle on a heating pad at night. It might help you get some sleep. It works for me. It won't cure anything, though.

• Lili

We don't know. We're not doctors, and this is a bad place to ask for any sort of diagnosis.

See a doctor, preferably an orthopedist.