Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Ladies, if your boyfriend loves skiing, but you suck at it, would you expect him to stick with you all day long on the bunny hill?

• Foofa

Nope. I'd let him go do his thing while I tried to master his passion. I'd do this happily knowing that he'll be in a good mood when we meet up later for cocktails by the fireplace.

I would not. I would pay up for lessons and arrange to meet him for lunch and hot beverages in a few hours. Sometimes, as long as you aren't afraid to fall, a few hours on the bunny hill with a teacher can lead to stepping up to an easy intermediate slope and then you'd have more to talk about when you meet later at the end of the day.

• P

Sign up for lessons or relax in the lodge for half the day and spend the other half with him.  

Regardless if he's a decent skier and you are in reasonable shape he should be able to help you get off the bunny hill after half a day, but you may be so tired of falling after a few hours you may want to take a break.  You have to see how it goes, but be willing to let him do his thing for a few hours if you can't handle the pace.

No... if he wanted to do some down-hill skiing, he could go do that. I don't EXPECT anything from anyone. And if my boyfriend loves skiing, he ought to be able to ski.

• Kelly

My husband loves skiing, me not so much.  I can snowboard but I don't have a huge interest in that either.

He goes skiing and I do whatever, then we meet up later.

Have you tried taking any ski school lessons?  Most places offer them.  Skiing wasn't my forte but I was decent at snowboarding.