Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

If one could instantly change their sex at will, for free, would sex discrimination cease to be illegal since it would be controllable?

If so, that’s an acknowledgement of the underlying principle of feminism: you shouldn’t face disadvantages for innate characteristics you can’t control.

It’s acknowledged when applied to sex (feminism), why not physical attractiveness?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

"Physical attractiveness"?

If you think us ugly people are more often treated worse, that's true.

But if you think that people should be pressured into sleeping with us regardless of THEIR feelings on the matter, you can go frack yourself.

_I_ have preferences, TOO, you know, and anyone telling me what I "ought" to feel can go take a flying leap at a rolling donut.

Or if they're female, a rolling log.

• martin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes, discrimination is illegal when it punishes people for something beyond anyone's control, such as being born female, Black, Jewish, or an ancestry like Italian or Irish.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

You shouldn’t be pressured/forced to change your sex to circumvent discrimination.

It’s almost like telling someone to convert to another religion to avoid religious discrimination. People can instantly change their religion “at will, for free,” but they shouldn’t have to convert to be treated humanely.

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.