Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Why don't most Christians take shunning far enough like Jehovah's Witnesses? Did not Jesus command us to dissociate from family and friends?

Favorite Answer

Because they are not Christian's. They are Trinitarians. They do not know what the Bible teaches.  They know what their church leaders tell them to know.

The Bible tells us that our own family will try to stumble us. It was a heads up. It also says if anybody, family of not, rebels against Jehovah we are not to associate with that person.

• X

Most so-called "Christians" don't put enough faith in the Bible to carry out what it directs should be done with unrepentant sinners. They're so afraid to lose money from their collection plates or butts from their seats that they'll tolerate keeping willful sinners in their midst.

• Sunnie

Do Jehovah's Witnesses Shun Former Members of Their Religion? Those wo were baptized as Jehovah's Witnesses but no longer preach to others, perhaps even drifting away from association with fellow believers, are NOT shunned. In fact, we reach out to them and try to rekindle their spiritual interest. We do not automatically disfellowship someone who commits a serious sin. If, however, a baptized Witness makes a practice of breaking the Bible's moral code and does not repent, he or she will be shunned or disfellowshipped. The Bible clearly states: "Remove the wicked man from among yourselves." - 1 Corinthians 5:13. What of a man who is disfellowshipped but whose wife and children are still Jehovah's Witnesses? The religious ties he had with his family change, but blood ties remain. The marriage relationship and normal family affections and dealings continue. Disfellowshipped individuals may attend our religious services. If they wish, they may also receive spiritual counsel from congregation elders. The goal is to help each individual once more to qualify to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Disfellowshipped people who reject improper conduct and demonstrate a sincere desire to live by the Bible's standards are always welcome to become members of the congregation again.

Source(s): jw.org
  • Why should I distance myself? Aren't they human like everyone else?

We Christians do not share their religious views, because they are out of doctrine, we contest with the Bible in hand, and they know us that we have knowledge with the sacred scriptures, and with God!

Where did you find the word dissociated from the sacred scripture written?

Jesus did not say to stay away from people, except for reasons of not wanting to know about Him, and for wickedness.

T

No, he said not to allow them to distract you from Him. He didn't say leave them--he was pro-family, children. I know that it sounds that way, but it's exaggerated to make a point. If you read all the way through you'll see it.

U r so confused....WE ARE SUPPOSED TO LOVE OUR families and friends. I have no desire to do what cults are doing...NEVER AGAIN!!

• Madam Sin Bin
      1 month agoReport

Purge the people you're related to simply when they don't believe as you do...is not really a good look for any church or religion, troll. 

• Hi T

Some Christians have shunned their own families to their own shame, I think. When Jesus said that we would be paid back many times for when we leave Mother or Father for the sake of Christ. I think it doesn't mean we should shun our families. But He's referring to when they shun us because we have chosen to follow Jesus. Rather than stay with them. Doesn't mean we should shun our families, but that they may shun us because of Him. And that we should follow Jesus and what God tells us in the Bible, rather than rely on what our unbelieving families say we should be doing. So we may be required to leave our Parents or children when they're old enough to care for themselves. But that doesn't mean we should fall out with them. 

What did Jesus say from the cross to the beloved disciple about Mary His Mother? Behold your Mother. Meaning please take care of her for me. I think.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+...

Our God is the God of family. Family is important to God. He is the God of relationships, and love. This could not be so if He's alone, God is a family and is therefore concerned with family. He created with love, How can this be if there was only Him alone ? Who could He love, but the other members of the Trinity. And He created us in His likeness.

Source(s): Born again Christian U.K
  • Mack

Because family and friends are real, deities not so much....

Why would anybody want to do what Jehovah's witnesses do?

It was rare, but I know Catholics used to do it. I don't think they still do, but I remember stories about it from before I was born.