yeeyee asked in HealthMental Health · 4 weeks ago

How do I cure my severe depression?

I have severe depression and social anxiety

• Dejair

It should be to any type of person to walk the path of Harmonization. Everyone in his rhythm, but all persisting to the light. Intense love, profound peace, infinite gladness !

• I convert all my feelings into physical and then treat the physical pain with drugs or diet

• Gert

Seek professional help.

If you haven't already, you should see a mental health professional about this. If you're suffering from severe depression, it's likely that an antidepressant would be recommended. The research (FDA and New England Journal of Medicine) strongly suggest that severe cases of depression are more likely to respond to medication than  moderate cases. 

Therapy - usually cognitive-behavioral therapy, which can be described as therapy to teach healthy attitudes and habits - is also recommended. Also, there's a variety of healthy lifestyle choices that can enhance effects of the standard treatments with office visits. The beauty of these self-help methods is that there's a variety of things that are simple, low-risk  and low-cost, and they can be combined with each other.

Details here, under DEPRESSION TREATMENTS - 

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20150... 

Treatment usually begins by seeing the GP, who can give you a physical and a referral. I mention referral because just a bottle of pills is not a very good approach.

The things you'd want to tell the doctor are how you feel at different times of day, any symptoms you might have such as change in appetite or sleep, and things in your life affecting how you feel.

If you have difficulty getting professional help, such as money, I have advice in my answers. 

Do things that make you happy

Hang out with family

Eat healthy (but still enjoy an occasional unhealthy snack)

Exercise daily

Keep up with therapy (if you attend)

Share your feelings (don't keep them locked up)

speak to your doctor but if its very bad you may need to become an inpatient for a while to be properly helped and stabilized.

I recommend you go to youtube and search for DR BERG DEPRESSION.  Watch his short, informative videos.  Take notes.  Apply his advice.  Mood changes are often the result of long term nutritional deficiencies.  It can't hurt to improve your nutrition and dietary habits.  

Seeing a psychiatrist is the best way to help with that. There's no other option in my opinion. Medication and therapy are your best options.