Do you see a pop-up that says "Are you sure you want to leave this page? Do you click it? It's MORE MALWARE FROM YAH00?

You click it and they charge your bank card for something.

You click it and it changes your voter registration.

I see it every 2nd or 3rd time I click...to see a question, see my page... THIS IS MALWARE as far as I'm concerned. Ive been backing out of pages to avoid it.

...It's probably Yahoo's way of counting more page views, to rip off their advertisers.

Favorite Answer

Extremely unlikely since none of that information is associated with this account.

• Alexander
      1 month agoReport

I think it's more likely to do with avoiding losing a long, well-reasoned answer when you accidentally hit Go Back before Posting. Some devices save the page, mine doesn't. 

It's just a bug I guess

• .

Yes, if I refresh a page I've posted on, I see that message.

.

It's just poor programming that isn't recognizing when someone Submits a post. It's useful if you've typed a post and forgot to hit Submit before trying to navigate away from the page, but useless to give the warning AFTER you submitted your post (thus there's no info you typed to be lost, because it's already posted).

.

No, it's not malware. Your bank won't be charged (and for most users Yahoo doesn't even have that info because we have free accounts), it can't know anything about your voter registration (and your nonsense updates make your post a violation).

• Zirp

chat, rant                            reported

• Daniel

A lot of people do its a Message that started Happening on the new Format

Nobody knows why Yahoo has Added that

no

i never see it

I wasn't aware of this, but thanks for letting us know. You're a wee darling! 😉