Why Do People Get Ugly At Age 40?

In women, I've noticed they gain weight, get terrible wrinkles, and the hair starts turning gray. They also need glasses.

In men, they get fat beer bellies, and their hair turns gray or worse, falls out and thins and they are bald. They also need glasses.

Why do people get ugly at 40? I'm 23, is there any precautions I can take to prevent this? 

Personally I find life hard enough and the fact that I'll be wrinkly and need glasses someday makes me depressed. 

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Stay out of the sun and avoid smoking. I'm 45 and have not a single small wrinkle. I do wear glasses and I am 20 pounds fatter than I used to be. Better eating habits early on might have helped that a bit.

Getting old is depressing, but there is no way around it. Even people who have plastic surgery look like old people who've had plastic surgery. I think they look worse and more desperate, honestly.

Try to accomplish something meaningful in your life so that you'll have something more than your looks to focus on when they start to fade. You should also expect some sort of back pain. Keep your core muscles strong and use good body mechanics to minimize it.

• 4 weeks ago

I'm mystified that you're mystified. You live in the real world. You see for yourself that everything dies. Duh.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Yeah, look at Jennifer Lopez. She's nearly 50 and all gone to hell. 

• Rose4 weeks agoReport

Most 40 year olds or and no 50 year olds look like Jennifer Lopez. She is a multi millionaire...

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

well they must had to find someone to follow suit? 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

I’m almost 40 but I’m a male. We men have a wall but it gets met usually when we die. Women get the wall over 35.

• Rose4 weeks agoReport

Disagree. Look at Megan Markle, Kate Middleton, Kate Hudson, Sandra Bullock, Anne Hathaway, Nicole from the Pussycat dolls...men actually age worse. Women don't go bald

• 4 weeks ago

Because the body's metabolism started slowing down before that happened.

• steve
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

I don't think they get ugly they are just getting older.

You could never compare a 20 year old male or female to a 40 year old equivalent and expect the older to be more attractive. 

That is life. We all grow old then we die.

• 4 weeks ago

They just do.

Attachment image
  • Dimple
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You're telling me in 2 years i'm going to look like an old hag? 

• 4 weeks ago

There’s this natural process called aging that happens to everyone. Some rich people can slow it down and look good at 40 but eventually they will get old too.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.