Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality ยท 4 weeks ago

Why are Jehovah's Witnesses the ONLY Christian denomination to shun sinners from the congregation?

Rom 16:17

But I beseech you, brethren, to keep a watch on those who are causing the divisions among you, and are leading others into sin, in defiance of the instruction which you have received; and habitually to shun them.

Eccles 3:5

A time to throw stones and a time to gather stones; A time to embrace and a time to shun embracing.

1 Cor 10:14

Therefore, my dearly beloved, shun (keep clear away from, avoid by flight if need be) any sort of idolatry (of loving or venerating anything more than God).

Even shunning babbling nonsense by haters like Trinitarians who who hurl insults as well as atheists who seek only to lead others away from God. Jehovah's Witnesses shun such conversations and that is why they don't answer accusations against Watch Tower & JW!

2 Tim 2:16

But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

Attachment image

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Because other Christians, whom I call Trinitarians, are not Christians.

They do not follow what the Bible says. They follow what they think the Bible says. Most Trinitarians do not know what the Bible really says. They take the words of their priest/pastor/minister when they hear them from the pulpit.

They do not make sure of all things and hold on to what it right.

• X
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

The JWs refuse to water down the Bible's clear direction on what to do with unrepentant sinners in the congregation. They aren't afraid to lose money from contributions or butts from their seats by expelling certain individuals from the congregation. Most so-called "Christian" churches either ignore the Bible's direction, water it down, or simply refuse to follow it.

• Paul
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

JW's are not Christian. They do include Jesus Christ in their bizarre theology,ย but what they believe and teach about Him is completely incompatible with the core beliefs of Christianity. There is more to being Christian than teaching "something" about Jesus Christ.

• 4 weeks ago

Your question is based on an assumption and a lie. Quakers,Mormons and Mennonites are the first groups to come to my mind. Ever wonder why many Christians shun JW's?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Because Jehovah's Witnesses are an egregious cult, protective of and always promoting itself?

And incredibly dishonest in doing that.

• 4 weeks ago

They use the shunning as a way for their members to stay.ย 

They know that once they are baptized, and get disfellowshipped or leave the organization - association with "apostates" is prohibited.ย 

That includes family and people you grew up with.

Nobody wants to dissociate themselves from their family or friends they've known forever just like that don't they?

If you don't want that, you need to stay.ย 

Very toxic place to put yourself in.

I'm glad I was never baptized as a Jehovah's Witness.

Source(s): Former unbaptized publisher.
  • Liz
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

I believe the scriptures are clear.

• Mack
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

I believe much of the scriptures are ludicrous , water to wine, virgin birth, pillars of salt...

• Kskdkdfkgmkskskfkgkgk

• Hi T
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

If that was true, there'd be no one left in their congregations. As the Bible clearly says that we are all sinners. And that "If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us."

1 John 1:8ย 

• 4 weeks ago

What tripe! Have you never heard of the Plymouth Brethren? Have you never heard of the Amish? Have you never heard of the Free Church Continuing? Have you never heard of the many Church Court sittings where disciplinary matters are dealt with? Of course you haven't. You've been brainwashed into thinking only JWs discipline. But it's only the JWs who seem to take a perverse delight in trumpeting their strict stance, to use that as a fear mechanism to keep their members rigidly in line.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.