Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 weeks ago

Should the people who rely on government services the most also pay the most in taxes?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

I think those who rely on government benefits - we'll just call it all "welfare" for short - should have their votes worth 3/5 of a vote in elections.

😁 😘 👌 Lolz

• Mike L
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

That seems pretty backwards to me. I've personally been in favor of a flat tax for everyone and get rid of most of the tax breaks, if not all of them, for the rich corporations. Trickle down isn't working. Trickle up, as you suggest, just keeps a bigger divide.

• Goerge
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You get $1200 a month in SSDI and $150 in food stamps. We'll tax you 40% because you rely on us too much. 

Makes sense to me. 

Truly one of the worst troll questions of the day. No thought. No logic. Just ramble out some words and call it done. Really need to work on your trolling. It's getting stupider by the question. 

Source(s): SSI and SSDI and food stamps are not taxable.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

The 1% should pay the most, because they made their money off of the backs of the people who actually did the work

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Rich Demonrats get the most from taxes. They live around Washington DC and are sucking the American people dry.

They are doing it in all the liberal cities.

• Jerome
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

The ONES who rely on govt the most pays the govt the most.

It's called "bribery"........

And the illegality of this bribery is most  effective......

• Jerome
      Lv 6
      4 weeks agoReport

Notice I did not include "services". 

• Chris
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Taxing welfare payments at 100% would solve a lot of problems, yes.

• 4 weeks ago

here's the thing....

...that's yet another trait of all those lovely "social democracies" (along with rigid immigration standards and cultural controls) often ignored by those folks here who say we should be more "liberal" like them...

....and guess what? when quantifying things like "reliance" they include things like healthcare and education... in other words, all that "free" stuff that supposedly makes their systems so much better than ours...

....so guess who bears the greatest burden of taxation then?   that's right, the middle and working classes who basically pay for their own "free" stuff while the true wealth stays in the hands of a select few generation after generation....

...and for those who say "yeah...just like the USA"...wrong again.... we have middle class citizens becoming wealthy every generation specifically because of our system that encourages self-reliance and self-worth...

....the notable exceptions, of course, are so-called "liberal bastions" like NYC, Boston, San Francisco, etc. where a wealthy aristocracy exists on the backs of a large population kept dependent on the government generation after generation by so-called "progressive" policies...

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

That makes no sense. Someone who relys on the government has a low income so how would they be able to afford to pay the highest taxes. Is this a case of the rich attacking the poor? The rich should pay the MOST taxes not someone who has barly anything.

• 4 weeks ago

Zero tax liability is bullshyt . Everyone should pay something , even if only a few hundred bucks .

What's worse are those that by way of tax credits , receive refunds that are thousands of dollars more than their withholding .

Imagine the revenue that could be generated if the 47% paid just a few hundred dollars .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.