Kenny
Kenny asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 weeks ago

Liberals want to ban all guns and conservatives want to ban all unions so why should I have to vote for the "lesser of 2 evils"?

If liberals had their way the 2nd amendment would be abolished and all guns would have to be turned in to the government who should be the only ones to be armed. (With exemptions for rich people and politicians that can afford armed security of course!) Those that chose to not comply would be slaughtered by the police and military and all the liberals that would be watching CNN/MSNBC would cheer!

If conservatives had their way all unions would be banned and the wages and benefits of millions of people was cut overnight and people that work in manufacturing plants, warehouses, construction sites would make only 7 or 8 bucks an hour (or even less!) And they wouldn't feel bad if people weren't able to pay their bills so they became homeless or starved to death (so much for being pro-life! Once you're born they don't care about you) and if people protested the banning of unions they'd love it if the National Guard was sent in to mow everyone down, all the union-hating right-wingers would be sitting at home watching Fox News and would be so happy some "Commie union thugs got what they deserved!"

You can be pretend that you don't know what I'm talking about, but many people are just like that! Read this site or political message boards or the comment section of any news article about guns or unions and you'll see. 

So why should I vote huh? So liberals can eventually ban all guns OR conservatives can ban unions, and cut my wages and benefits? You call this freedom?

Banning unions would violate the 1st amendment right to assemble, it's not specifically mentioned but unions are protected!

Some liberals may not want to ban all guns but they talk about banning so-called "assault weapons" when half of the murders are commited with handguns (6,000+ deaths) while only 2-3% are commited with rifles of any type (200-300 deaths), while there's nearly 90,000 alcohol-related deaths every year but of course a wine-sipping bourgeois liberal wouldn't want to give up their Chardonnay, not that I think handguns or alcohol should be banned either.

• Mike L
    Favorite Answer

That's why independent candidates should become more relevant in the future. Two party system is destroying our country because of the divide both sides create. Give me a 3rd and 4th option please. Even in most multiple choice tests we usually have at least four choices, and one or two are usually terrible.

Liberals do not want to ban all guns.

But you are right that conservatives want to ban all unions.

So your choice is easily made.

• ndmagicman
      4 weeks agoReport

Not saying ban semi-autos but we can make the regulations tougher on purchasing certain types of firearms, i.e. semi-autos. Make the background checks more stringent.

• One of the biggest misconceptions is that liberals don't own guns. They do. They just don't wear them as penis extensions. Neither do we want to ban all of them....

• Kenny
      4 weeks agoReport

While there's nearly 90,000 alcohol-related deaths every year but of course a wine-sipping bourgeois liberal wouldn't want to give up their Chardonnay, not that I think handguns or alcohol should be banned either.

• David

Liberals do no want to ban all guns.  I personally own several.

• Kenny
      4 weeks agoReport

while there's nearly 90,000 alcohol-related deaths every year but of course a wine-sipping bourgeois liberal wouldn't want to give up their Chardonnay, not that I think handguns or alcohol should be banned either.

2A gives us freedom to bear arms. There is no mention of unions in the Constitution. Keep your gun, and ban unions!

• Kenny
      4 weeks agoReport

Wow 2 thumbs up! I guess cons if didn't want to ban unions then why would people thumb that up?

• Chris

Who specifically has proposed a ban on unions? People in the US have a right of free association, even if it tends to drive your job overseas.

• Kenny
      4 weeks agoReport

My right-wing relatives on my mom's side do, while they enjoy the pensions from their public-sector union jobs. Hypocrites!

But conservatives don't want to ban all unions -- just the public sector ones because taxpayers aren't represented in their negotiations

• Kenny
      4 weeks agoReport

Going through life stupid is not a requirement son.

Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders are Russian agents. Stay far away from them.

You won't have to, because liberals aren't banning guns.