Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 4 weeks ago

What does it mean to refer to someone as a 'creep'?

What is someone likely to think of someone whom they refer to as a 'creep?

Did you find them hiding in the bushes outside your window?  Yes?  Then they're a creep.

• F

1. Someone who brown noses. or

2. A bit pervy.

• Linda

That they are a weirdo, unscrupulous, a sicko, an outcast.

• zipper

They pretty much do not like them!

It sounds like a Yank term

• RP

That is used to describe a person one would not want to associate with.

I know it's an adjective (and a noun too), but I'm not sure about its meaning because according to my English dictionary, it means "the one who crawl", but I wonder if there's another sense of meaning for it? for example, when someone refers to a creep person (I mean when it's used as an adjective) regards.

It is a term to speak negatively about someone. It indicates that you think they are vile, nasty and rude.

odd behavior with a likely feeling of danger (the person is likely to cause others harm).  It often is used for people who are likely to have sexual perversions (abnormal and likely dangerous sexual desires), but is not required to involve them.

Some people are creepy in a way that makes me worry they might attack me in a murderous rampage or something, but most creepiness is one of sexual unease.

No matter what, though, the idea is that you cannot be certain that they will not do some completely unacceptable and likely very bizarre act, with the result that others might be put into danger.

A "creep" is just someone who dispays strange behavior who is always staring at people or doing weird and saying unpleasant remarks toward women.