Trey asked in HealthMental Health · 4 weeks ago

Help me I think I double dosed my SSri anti depressants?

I take 150mg Setraline for my ocd I usually take it around 5 pm but sometimes I take it at 5 and forget I took it and take it again later that night so that’s 300mg in 1 night 5 hours apart, is there any chance of overdose? I’m literatly too scared to sleep in case I don’t wake up

Ask your therapist or pharmacist instead of random strangers on the internet.

• kelvin

nope you will be fine and your not gonna die

It is unlikely that a double dosage is going to kill you. Anti depressions general do normal suppressing breathing (which is what would cause you to not wake up.)

General a pill will be out of your system in 8 hours.  If you took the pill at 5:00 PM, by 1:00 AM it will have cleared your system and you are no danger after that. 

What you need to do is get one of those pill boxes and fill it with your pill(s) for the week. Then in the future you will know whether or not you have taken your pill already because it will not be in the box any longer. that will avoid this kind of anxiety in the future.

• Trey4 weeks agoReport

What if I took the pill at 8 and then again at 11

• probably nothing to worry about. if you start to feel irresistibly tired call a friend or family member and explain what accidentally happened. have them stay with you to watch for serious signs of complications. also, if you're alone and sincerely worried, write a brief note (what you just told us here) for the paramedics, shred it by tomorrow. i would keep the note in my wallet next to the ID. with some kind of notice to emt.