Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsRespiratory Diseases · 4 weeks ago

How to stop pulmonary fibrosis of the lungs?

Pulmonary fibrosis of the lungs runs in my family and has taken the loves of several of my past generation family members. What can my mother and I do to stop this plague from happening?

• Ian

One extremely good action that can overcome some lung conditions is sleeping on a sloped bed. The more the bed is sloped, the better this treatment works. Apparently, it doesn't matter whether you're laying uphill or downhill, but I'd put more trust in gravity than natural systems when those systems may fail.

Two possibilities:

1.  It's genetic.  You and your mother should refrain from having children.  Too late for you.

2.  It's caused by some environmental factor.  Quit smoking, quit your job, check to make sure your make-up and shampoo and medications and foods aren't irritants, and move to another town that doesn't have the same kind of pollutants hanging around.

You can't. It's a genetic disease, you either have it or you don't. There's no way to prevent it. However, you probably would know by now if you had it so you're probably fine. Just get tested to be safe, it's rare that people get diagnosed with cystic fibrosis in adulthood but it happens.

The only way to stop it is by altering your genetics, which is possible. They have a new technique to do that, but it's not being tested on humans in the west, yet (though they did it once in China to make someone immune to HIV) Maybe in the next 40 or 50 years...

• Diane A
      4 weeks agoReport

pulmonary fibrosis is not cystic fibrosis