Why did Jesus say He would do the baptizing in Jn 1:33 but turn around and tell men to do the baptizing in Matt 28:19 after saying Jn 3:27?

JESUS SAID IN JOHN 1:33

"...THE SAME IS ***HE*** WHICH ***BAPTIZETH*** WITH THE HOLY GHOST."

THEREFORE >>>JESUS DOES THE BAPTIZING!<<<

HE SAID ***ONE BAPTISM*** IN EPH 4:5!

WHY WOULD HE TELL MEN TO "GO BAPTIZE" IN MATT 28:19 

WHEN HE SAID IN JOHN 3:27

"A MAN CAN RECEIVE NOTHING [BAPTISM INCLUDED] EXCEPT IT BE GIVEN HIM ***FROM HEAVEN"***

WHAT'S GOING ON???

According to 1 Peter 2:21 Jesus left us a model for us to follow his steps closely. When he was on earth he made disciples & he wanted us to do the same according to Matthew 28:19,20. 

Why are you still confused about that? Are you unable to learn?

Well, John later reports: “The very One who sent me to baptize in water said to me: ‘Whoever it is upon whom you see the spirit coming down and remaining, this is the one who baptizes in holy spirit.’” (John 1:33) So John is expecting God’s spirit to come upon someone he baptizes. Accordingly, once Jesus comes up from the water, John may not be surprised to see “God’s spirit descending like a dove and coming upon [Jesus].”

• Norine4 weeks agoReport

DON'T YOU GET IT NOW!

LISTEN (((AGAIN)))!

8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts' (Isaiah 55:8-9)

John 1:33

This verse is speaking of John to baptize not Jesus:

John 1:31-33

31 And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.

32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.

33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

KJV

The ministry of the word and sacraments is designed for no other end than to lead people to Christ, and to make him more and more manifest. [5.] Baptism with water made way for the manifesting of Christ, as it supposed our corruption and filthiness, and signified our cleansing by him who is the fountain opened. 3. That this was he upon whom the Spirit descended from heaven like a dove. For the confirming of his testimony concerning Christ, he here vouches the extraordinary appearance at his baptism, in which God himself bore witness to him. This was a considerable proof of Christ's mission. Now, to assure us of the truth of it, we are here told

• Norine4 weeks agoReport

After John 1:33 told us

"...the same is ***HE*** which ***BAPTIZETH*** with the ***HOLY GHOST***

and Jesus told in Acts 1:5

"but ye shall be BAPTIZED >>>WITH THE HOLY GHOST"

Then that's ***TWO*** baptisms DEFYING Ephesians 4:5!

John 1:33 was John the Baptist, not Christ. John said that He (Christ) would baptise with the Holy Spirit, not with water. You should google athe New King James & read the entire chapter, not just one verse.

• Norine4 weeks agoReport

OH?

SO YOU BELIEVE ***CHRIST BAPTIZES WITH THE HOLY GHOST***

AND  ***MAN BAPTIZES WITH WATER***???

IF MY LIMITED KNOWLEDGE OF MATH DOESN'T FAIL ME 

ISN'T THAT ***TWO*** BAPTISMS WHEN GOD SAID

***ONE BAPTISM*** IN EPEHSIANS 4:5???

OR IS IT THAT YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO COUNT UP TO

**TWO?***

1) Why did Jesus say He would do the baptizing in Jn 1:33

He didn't.

Please read more carefully.

2) but turn around and tell men to do the baptizing in Matt 28:19

Because that's what he wanted "the men" to do.

3) after saying Jn 3:27?

Not directly relevant to the subject under discussion.

Also: remember that Jesus himself was from Heaven.

Any instruction that he gave (for example: the instruction found in Mat 28:19) was from Heaven.

It's important to remember the authoring sequence. Mark was the first gospel, written approx 20 years after Jesus died. Matthew came next, after another 15-20 years, then Luke, and finally John, almost 90 years after Jesus died. So, you had different authors and different objectives. In a careful comparison, you will find many differences, even the names of the deciples are not consistent.

• Norine4 weeks agoReport

HOW THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO BELIEVE "MEN RATHER THAN THE WORD OF GOD" (ACTS 5:29)???

YOU BELIEVE THAT ROMAN CATHOLIC SHYT THEY ARE TRYING TO ELIMINATE THE POWER OF GOD BY CREATING THE FAKE NEWS THAT MK 16:9-20 WAS "ADDED LATER" 

WHEN THEY ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE ***ADDED LATER*** INTO HIS WORD