Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 4 weeks ago

What the world was like when your grandparents were born?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

When my dad's parents were born there weren't too many electrical grids and the automobile as we know it hadn't been invented and the Wright brothers hadn't made their mark on history, yet. They had a farm and didn't get electricity and running water until sometime after WWII. When my mom's parents were born there electrical grids but they didn't have electricity on the farm not did they have running water. They also didn't get any of that until sometime after WWII ended. Before my mom's dad died I was surprised he could sort of use the Internet. My dad's parents died in the 1980s, there was no Internet as we know back then. and if there was there was no way either one of them would even consider using it.

• 4 weeks ago

There's a story about my grandmother's reaction when she first encountered an automobile. She said that the human body was never intended to travel that fast.  This was in the days of dirt roads and automobiles that probably didn't go any faster than 40 miles per hour.

• P
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Dinosaurs ruled back then,tropical rain forest was everywhere 

and infrastructure WORKED

• 4 weeks ago

My grandparents? That would be the 1850's a pretty hard time to live if your poor

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

It was before WWI and airplanes hadn't been invented.

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

A lot different than it is now. It has been over a hundred years since they were born.

• 4 weeks ago

Interwar years for all of them. ie between WW1 and WW2.

• 4 weeks ago

I would think it was more of a relaxed place to live.

• CAB
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

They ran from dinosaurs instead of riding them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.