Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 4 weeks ago

What the world was like when your grandparents were born?

Favorite Answer

When my dad's parents were born there weren't too many electrical grids and the automobile as we know it hadn't been invented and the Wright brothers hadn't made their mark on history, yet. They had a farm and didn't get electricity and running water until sometime after WWII. When my mom's parents were born there electrical grids but they didn't have electricity on the farm not did they have running water. They also didn't get any of that until sometime after WWII ended. Before my mom's dad died I was surprised he could sort of use the Internet. My dad's parents died in the 1980s, there was no Internet as we know back then. and if there was there was no way either one of them would even consider using it.

There's a story about my grandmother's reaction when she first encountered an automobile. She said that the human body was never intended to travel that fast.  This was in the days of dirt roads and automobiles that probably didn't go any faster than 40 miles per hour.

• P

Dinosaurs ruled back then,tropical rain forest was everywhere 

and infrastructure WORKED

My grandparents? That would be the 1850's a pretty hard time to live if your poor

It was before WWI and airplanes hadn't been invented.

• Kathy

A lot different than it is now. It has been over a hundred years since they were born.

Interwar years for all of them. ie between WW1 and WW2.

I would think it was more of a relaxed place to live.

• CAB

They ran from dinosaurs instead of riding them.