Wolf Guy asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

I have a reading circle this morning, but I didn't prepare for it (please read descrip)?

For the past month I haven't really been doing well. I've lost motivation in doing anything. I still attend class, but most of the time I do the minumum and I want to leave. My hobbies? Last night it was the first time in weeks that I could pick up a pencil and draw a bit and enjoy a Youtube video. 

The first reading circle, I wasn't 100% ready, but still showed up and shared the info I had. The teacher must think I'm a loser and I'm afraid that he'll think I'm using an excuse. Which I might kind of be, but I really had no motivation to do the assignment. 

Favorite Answer

I can tell you a couple of things that help with motivation, but I'm not saying these are all you need. We're in no position to diagnose, but it sounds like you're depressed. I'll say more about that.

Hobbies are very therapeutic, and I hope you'll stay with them. 

I used to have a big problem with procrastination, and this simple motivation trick helped me a lot. It's useful for all kinds of things you don't feel like doing.

A lot of the time, all you need is to get the ball rolling.

If a task seems like it's too big, think of it as a series of tasks that you can take on one at a time, and start with something really, really easy. Homework - start by proofreading a paper or by previewing a chapter you're about to read, looking at headings, sub-headings, etc.  

You can work on something for 3 or 4 minutes and take a 5 minute break. From then on, you can work longer, still taking 5 min breaks. Short breaks are good but always watch the clock.

If you find yourself dawdling, wasting time while you're working, here's a simple fix. Decide how much time it will take to get a task done and do it in that time, watching the clock. 

Try this when it seems that you're too tired to work. Lie on the couch, close your eyes, and get ready to work by imagining yourself working for 5 minutes. Again, think in terms of taking it step by step and starting with something really easy. 

If you're not getting any enjoyment out of things, this is something that people here have said is helpful with that problem. Look all over and do a complete inventory. You should be able to find at least one or two things you like, such as your favorite music or movie. If there's just one movie you like, watch it once or twice. Then, find movies that are like it in some way - with similar story or the same actor. Keep adding to your entertainment supply to give it variety.

You can take a depression screening test online. KADS 6-Item is designed for screening teenagers.

If you're depressed, I can't tell you exactly what you need. There's no one size fits all solution. I can tell you though that there are healthy lifestyle choices that can enhance the effects of the standard treatments with office visits. 

Lifestyle therapy has a lot of things that are easy if not downright fun, which makes it ideal for young people. Details in my answers - advice from experts.

Reading circle? Thats sounds pretty gay tbh. Why dont you go do something productive with your time??

• Wolf Guy1 month agoReport

HonestlyI don' t know ahah but I have to deal with that