What does "banging" mean in this case?

"Now you're living in the sky so I do it in your name, I'm banging 2pac, how long will they mourn me?"

• Bill B
    Favorite Answer

Sorry but Tupac sings the song.  Someone is not saying they are having sex with dead Tupac since Tupac was the one singing the song. 

People who participate in gang activities are said to be "gang banging" - not in the sexual sense but shooting guns and whatnot. 

Tupac is saying he mourns the loss of his friend but Tupac is still banging (shooting) in an effort to avenge his friend's loss. 

• Lôn

Shagging, probably.....

• Bob

It means that the singer is claiming to be putting his penis inside 2Pac (in an unspecified orifice but presumably the rectum). Since 2Pac is currently in a non-alive state of being, the further inference is that the penis into orifice situation is taking place in Heaven although this claim may be at odds with what is known about 2pac and the way he lived his life while on Earth. As we can observe in this small example, rap lyrics do not necessarily need to conform to typical ideas of what constitutes the truth.