Anonymous

I'm autistic and I wrote a check to myself to get some funds for some stuff, Why do people think that I can get arrested for that?

So I needed some money and since I have about 4 to 5 bank accounts. I wrote a check from my bank of america account to myself and deposited it into wells fargo and I then withdrew all of the money afterwards. I wrote about $500 to myself. I am desperate for money and I needed money for stuff so I did that. I got told that I can get arrested for doing this. It worked and nothing happened. I just don't get why people claim that it is illegal to do this. I looked up online and it said it was legal as that's how people transfer funds from one bank account to another. I was desperate and needed money to buy a new external hard drive from amazon to store stuff. I download a lot of videos of my favorite qipao dresses and a lot of other videos and so I needed a bigger drive. I store absolutely nothing in my internal hard drive. How come people think that you can get arrested for writing checks to yourself when it is said that it is legal to do so ??

if you do not have money in an account and you write a check, they will make you pay back the money. you will not get arrested if you replace the money

• Lita

Because you can. Writing checks that don't have the funds to be cashed is illegal. It can you arrested. Your imaginary autism will not save you as autism, real or imaginary, doesn't mean you can break the law with impunity.

You deserve an IP ban

• Jacob4 weeks agoReport

Yahoo answers doesn't do IP bans, so good luck with that.

• I thought BoA had already banished you from having accounts from them. You stole money from your parents credits cards. 

When you deposit checks into another account you cannot get cash until they clear. You have no source of income, so how do you have so many accounts. I don’t believe a word of this story. 

• Jacob4 weeks agoReport

Well it doesn't matter to me if you believe it or not. You can open an account if you just show two types of ids. I showed my license and my ss card. I just opened two new accounts today

• PAMELA

If it is your money you are doing nothing wrong, why not just get the money from the first bank, why go to all the trouble of transferring the money, or pay by your debit card.

As long as you have money in your accounts you can write a check to yourself. It's just another way of making a withdraw on a checking account. You're fine.

There is nothing illegal about moving money from one bank account to another.

That is check kiting. It is a crime. No questions asked. Why do you think we care about what you are purchasing? You can NOT commit fraud. This is a crime. 

I don't know why people said that. Why didn't you just withdraw the funds to begin with? Why did you write a check from one account to another, and withdrew it from the second one? I feel like you're not telling the whole story of what you did. If it was just transferring funds, most people don't use checks, and just transfer funds electronically.

But maybe you should save that money for a rainy day. Why do you need money to spend on a bigger drive to download more videos on qipao dresses? How many videos do you need to watch about qipao dresses? Can't you just look at pictures of them? I mean, you could just buy a bunch of qipao dresses for $500.00.

What in the **** does you being autistic have to do with you intentionally writing bad checks and committing check fraud?