are these names to similar to one another for twin names? Kaley and Kinley?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, but ultimately it's your call. I would suggest names that sound different but have the same amount of syllables. Patricia and Rebecca, Annie and Lindsey, Tim and Doug. They just sound better when you say them together. In addition, it would be very easy to confuse Kaley and Kinley sonically wise. Just to make it easier for both your kids and you, I would suggest not naming them Kaley and Kinley.

• layla
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Yes, they are too similar

• 3 weeks ago

no, they are great...........

• Sure. I love the name Kaley, it means "beautiful, lovely, or slender". And I like Kinley, it can be used for either gender

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

For me, very much so.  I despise matchy twin names.  Twins are not a joined set.  They're individuals. I find it even more off-putting when it's a boy/girl set, which I assume Kaley and Kinley are.  

But of course the choice is yours.

• Marie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Those are my friends names and they are twins

• 1 month ago

No, they aren't too similar.

• C.A.L
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

They are both adorable names but I do think they would a little to similar, seeing they start and end in the same letter

Suggestions:

Kaley and Kenna

Kaley and Brinley

Kaley and Kiana

Kaley and Kira

Kaley and Kiersten

Kaley and Quinn

Kinley and Kayla

Kinley and Haley

Kinley and Kyla

Kinley and Kya

Kinley and Kadence

Kinley and Karsyn

• audrey
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I love Kaley, I can't even tell if Kinley is male or female. Kathy would go much better.

• Marie
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Kathy is too common.  Kinley is obviously a girls name

• Nancy
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

No.  That seems pretty twinny.  I think the whole matchy-matchy twin naming thing must've started with the twins who originally founded Rome: Remus and Romulus. Personally, I'd make "Kinley" "Kenley."  That way, nicknames could be "Kal" and "Ken," because I'm not sure how I like "Kin" as a nickname.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.