Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 1 month ago

Is American life hard? How an average American citzen live?

I'm from Russia and I play $300 for rent , $100 for electricity, heating, water like everything in the house. Btw the internet is really good and comfy. I pay $6 a month for internet and I don't spend more than $15 a day on food. I used to have a car but I sold it since public transports are available everywhere. That's how I live.

Just wondering how average American lives

The average monthly salary in Russia $2000 and I make $2750 a month which is $750 above average. In USA that's considered low but Russia is cheap and that amount is considered really good 

• Niko

Life is hard for the average American. Many Americans live paycheck to paycheck. Wages have not kept up with inflation while the cost of everything is going up. Some people have to work multiple jobs just to survive. Good jobs are hard to find. The media wants you to think the economy is doing well, but in reality it's not.

But don't you get Vodka for free?

• Scott

American life is harder for some than it is for others. The average salary is $47,060 per year. Of course, many make more than than and many make much less. There are corporate executives than are paid millions of dollars per year and there are people that are paid minimum wage. 

Since you gave examples: I spend $1600 per month on my home mortgage ($400,000 house), about $400 per month on groceries for my wife and I, and $75 per month on a 1 gigabit internet connection. My car and motorcycle are paid for, but I spend about $200 per month in gas and $150 in auto/motorcycle insurance.

• Jay P

'Easy' or 'hard' are relative.

The answer really depends on your lifestyle and what you do for fun/recreation.  

To answer your question some people struggle, some live comfortably within their means and a small percentage of people have a vast amount of wealth.  They would answer your question differently...

under a fascist mass murderer like putin every citizen is basically the same except for the ovechkins, kovalchuks, malkins, kucherovs etc

in this capitalist trash country the wealth gap is too big for there to be a good idea of an "average". there are millions of homeless but also millions in country clubs spending $1000+ a day no problem. so the average would be about the middle but closer to homeless