Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 weeks ago

Has my DNA been transferred through countless individuals of various species to eventually be in my body?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Paul
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Fire it out. Your DNA came from your parents. Theirs came from their parents. And so on through hundreds of thousands of generations.

• 3 weeks ago

There is the fatal problem to that absurd claim. The original did not have that DNA.

• 3 weeks ago

That's a cart-before-the-horse way of wording it

and

note that it's not the same DNA

but merely a combination of copies of ancestral DNA.

• 3 weeks ago

Last time I looked, this forum was about religion and Spirituality. Why don't you try asking your biology question in the correct place?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Zirp
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Your 47 bundles of DNA have each taking their own route through many generations of humans

• 3 weeks ago

For sure, DNA does not spontaneously generate. Everybody has been born with DNA already formed in their cells, from their mother's womb. And she, in turn had DNA in her fetus cells when in your granny's womb. But to get right back to the origins of anybody's DNA, you have to grasp how DNA 'works' and how it originated. The DNA/ protein/ information world we know today has a problem of 'translation'. Let me quote from this scientist who is an expert in large molecules: 

"When an mRNA molecule appears, carrying the instructions for a new protein molecule, it is latched onto by a ribosome consisting of two sub-units, one large and the other small. These sit on either side of the mRNA chain and close around it like a clenched fist. 

"The ribosome then runs along the mRNA template, like the slider on a zip-fastener, first calling for and then adding the appropriate amino-acids, one by one. At the same time, a growing protein chain is stripped away in the ribosome and folded into the correct shape, often with the assistance of 'chaperone' proteins. In bacteria, the large sub-unit consists of two different molecules of ribosomal RNA and 34 different proteins... The ribosome is truly a machine and, needless to say, every single component is necessary for it to function correctly. 

"Of course, evolutionary biology claims that the system by which the cell manufactures proteins has evolved from some simpler arrangement by natural selection. One popular speculation is that of the RNA world in which life was initially based on RNA rather than DNA and protein as now. The main evidence for this idea is that the agent that catalyses protein synthesis in ribosomes is RNA rather than proteins (enzymes). But as I have stressed before, natural selection can only operate once there is a working system already in place. What is at issue here is not how the ribosome acquired its bells and whistles (if it has any) but how the first protein-making machine came to exist. Stripped to bare essentials, this primal ribosome would have had to perform these minimal functions 

1. It must recognize an mRNA molecule (or other molecule to be used as a template) when it sees one. 

2. It must not only latch on to this molecule but also acquire the ability to run along it like a toy train on a track. 

3. As it does so, it must recognize each codon (base triplet) on the mRNA. 

4. It must then summon the appropriate tRNA molecule to bring the right amino-acid to match the codon it has recognized. 

5. It must put the amino-acid in place and attach it to the growing protein chain. 

6. It must release the protein chain and, possibly, help it fold into the right shape. 

7. It must arise spontaneously by chance because until it starts to do its job it will not get any help from natural selection. [Quote ends] 

I just detail this to show the dangers of thinking a simplistic statement will answer your Q which ought to have been placed in the Biology section of Yahoo!

Source(s): Who Made God? Searching for a theory of everything, pp 201 and 203-205, by Edgar Andrews (EP Books 2009)
  • 3 weeks ago

No.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• 3 weeks ago

Yep, some from mom, some from dad. 123andMe needs bones and teeth to study.

• 3 weeks ago

Yep. You even have a big block of bacteria DNA.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

no, different species are from much more distant relatives, so you dont share the exact dna of a tiger

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.