Can a studor valve be inside a finished wall.?

I running some plumbing for a basement bathroom, can I place a studor valve /vent completely inside a finished wall. If not should I just place a vent underneath the sink? What about the bathtub? 

• elhigh

Your local code will be the deciding factor here.  Ostensibly yes, you could place one inside a finished wall.  That is to say, they will fit in the space and will function there.

I have found at least one that was tucked away inside a wall and not provided with any kind of access.  To that point, I strongly recommend you make sure there IS some kind of access.  The only reason I found that AAV was because it was stuck open and stinking up the place, forcing me to cut the wall open to get to the vent.

• In

An "Air Admittance Valve" has to be placed in an accessible location, so placement under the sink is the normal location.