Traveling Amtrak for the first time!!!?

This is my first time traveling Amtrak, and I just have a few questions. First question being my train departs at 11:12 AM how much time in advance should I arrive to the train station? Do I have to check in first even though I already have my tickets pre-load onto my wallet app on my iPhone? Or when I get to the train station do I just wait outside for my train? Also second question being, I am not checking a bag I’m just bringing a carry-on purse and a carry-on backpack, will my bags be checked and locked into prior to boarding the train? Almost like how it is done before going on an airplane. Also if it helps I am leaving out through New London Connecticut Amtrak train station. Also if my bag is to be checked prior to boarding the train, Will it be OK that I am bringing a bottle of whiskey with me? I am bringing it as a birthday present for my friend. Also I have attached an image that comes up when I look up my ticket on the Amtrak app can someone please tell me what that means. I have also looked and I see that my train leaving from New London Connecticut is a North East regional train but, I still don’t understand what that message really means. If someone could explain it to me that would be great. Thank you so very much. 

We just traveled roundtrip from Galesburg to Union Station, Chicago. All in all a very pleasant experience; trains were on time, seats were big and comfy ... I myself, when traveling alone, have given up my seat several times for just ... Thanks for the info, I will be boarding Amtrak in WI Dells to Chicago in a few ...