Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Why would the good LORD order forced marriage between the rapist and the rape victim🤤?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

The ancient Hebrews had a strange definition of the word "good"...

• Paul
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

He doesn't. When He came to Earth, He corrected many such ungodly rules and beliefs of Judaism.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Does he?  I though it was cultural thing... the rationale being that no man of those cultures would ever marry a woman who isn't a virgin

• 1 month ago

Because he lives in a book, and he has 

about as much morality as the idiot that created him. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It was to provide for the victim.

• Chris
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The Lord doesn't have anyone marry a rapist.  The Bible says that the rapist was to be put to death.  You're using some "modern version" that isn't actually the Bible.  The true Bible, the King James Bible, has a woman that agreed to have sex with the man, and the Lord then counts them as married due to that.  In that same chapter earlier in the chapter, there was a rapist, and he was put to death.  Rape got the death penalty.

So it goes to show, the King James Bible is perfect, and all the other "versions" have changed and missing verses, as the Bible warns us that deceivers would try to trick you.

The Bible is the absolute Word of God and is 100% true.

Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed in Jesus for eternal life, or not.

The truth is that Jesus loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that Jesus is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing in Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in Jesus to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven when you die, because you believe in Jesus! It is too late to be saved, after death

• 1 month ago

You wish to trick Christians, but you know the passage isn't saying that. I apologize Christians for my fellow atheists. 

Rape is any illegal sexual acts. In this case, it was illegal to have sex outside of wedlock according to Jewish law. If two consenting adults had sex outside of wedlock, it was considered a wedding vow, thus they must be married. 

A man forcing sex on a woman is addressed several paragraphs previous to this. The penalty for forcible rape is death to the rapist and the rape victim is to be exempt from all charges. 

If you actually didn't know that, then I am sorry for you, since it's actually still illegal to have sex with people of certain ages, even if they are fully consensual. For example, if a 17 year old boy has sex with a willing 16 year old girl, he might be doing prison time and be labeled a sexual predator. And that's modern day USA. 

• 1 month ago

The rapist was actually stoned to death. 

• EddieJ
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Keep in mind that most marriages were arranged back then so the girl might feel raped anyway.

• 1 month ago

As far as I know about the bible, the victim isn't required to marry the rapist if she doesn't want to. If she wants to (for some reason?), then the rapist will be forced to marry her (and be incapable of divorcing her without her consent for the rest of his life).

• 1 month ago

he doesn't...

people that think stuff like this don't know the Bible, like at all

for the record I'm not even christen I'm agnostic

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.