Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentFood Service · 4 weeks ago

Ex Starbucks employee urgent help!!!?

I use to work at a Starbucks. I worked there for 3 months before I quit. That was Jan-March. I re-applied to Starbucks but this time at the store in my town. I have an interview set for this Friday but I have a big problem. On my current application I stated that I have worked for Starbucks in the past. So I’m sure they’re gonna ask me why I quit and more than likely contact my old manger being said that the store I use to work at is only 10 min away from the one in my town. My manager and I had an okay relationship I was a pretty fast learner and never got complaints. I quit because the girls at my job were always into drama. (I’m a female as well) at first they were nice but then they began to exclude me side eye me make remarks and the longer I worked there the worse it got. One of my shift managers would get in your face about everything she would get in your face ask you why and not let you explain. During our rushes she would get pretty aggressive and lash out. I was washing the blenders while she was making fraps after she would finish she would throw the lids at me to wash them and she almost hit me with one. My manger would tell me that the reviews on yelp for their store were lies especially about this specific shift manger but now I know they weren’t “lies” that same day I quit and no I didn’t leave a 2 weeks notice bad move I know. I knew they weren’t gonna believe me and think I was just being “dramatic” I didn’t want to be involved in the drama so I left without

giving my SM the real reason. My old location was already busy enough and having to put up with unnecessary drama everyday was super draining. So I just need help on what to say I know I cant give them the true story cause it’s too much. When I resigned on my letter I just put that I had personal problems/family problems something a long those lines. I know my chances of getting hired at Starbucks are pretty low but I’m willing to give anything a shot. So do I speak about the shift manager or no

I liked the job always had conversation with the regulars and met so many sweet travelers. I always got tipped while on register and never got costumer complaints. The store was a mess tho dirty bathrooms sticky counters messy self serve bar and fruit flies in the pastry case oh and spider webs with dusty tables in the patio

u will not get hired to a new starbucks no matter what u say