Is this lying? Is it bad?

My dad works for a very very famous company

And he usually gives me his left over work bags so I can carry water bottles and lunches inside them

And I notice people being very nice to me

It occurred to me today they are good to me because of the bags I bring with me

That they think I'm this super educated person who works for a high paying company because I carry my dad's work bags with me

I actually felt good about being respected

But then I realized its wrong because I'm not the one who works there

And then I wondered why I would feel good about something that is not true

• Linda
    Favorite Answer

Well, don't feel guilty. People will think what they will and it must make you feel really proud of your dad.

If you were to buy a New York Yankees hat from the Goodwill Store, would you feel guilty because people thought you were a baseball player?

Actually. I feel your pain. You are describing something called "Stolen Valor." I think you are on the guilt-free side of it.

Don't know. Don't care. Why is this in the Religion forum?

• Archer

You assume, which they can perceive so they are simply looking for you to give them a bag.

it's always good to listen to your conscience and to be willing to get input from others about whether what you're doing is right or wrong.

• Jake

A person can live a more loving and virtuous life by reciting the rosary every day with care.

or maybe they are nice to you because you are nice. You do not push anything on them, you do not talk about the bags or the company. They just assume something (you are nice) so are nice to you.