Is this lying? Is it bad?

My dad works for a very very famous company

And he usually gives me his left over work bags so I can carry water bottles and lunches inside them

And I notice people being very nice to me

It occurred to me today they are good to me because of the bags I bring with me

That they think I'm this super educated person who works for a high paying company because I carry my dad's work bags with me

I actually felt good about being respected

But then I realized its wrong because I'm not the one who works there

And then I wondered why I would feel good about something that is not true

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Linda
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Well, don't feel guilty. People will think what they will and it must make you feel really proud of your dad.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

If you were to buy a New York Yankees hat from the Goodwill Store, would you feel guilty because people thought you were a baseball player?

Actually. I feel your pain. You are describing something called "Stolen Valor." I think you are on the guilt-free side of it.

• 4 weeks ago

Don't know. Don't care. Why is this in the Religion forum?

• Archer
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You assume, which they can perceive so they are simply looking for you to give them a bag.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

it's always good to listen to your conscience and to be willing to get input from others about whether what you're doing is right or wrong.

• Jake
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

A person can live a more loving and virtuous life by reciting the rosary every day with care.

• 4 weeks ago

or maybe they are nice to you because you are nice. You do not push anything on them, you do not talk about the bags or the company. They just assume something (you are nice) so are nice to you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.