Hello I need help.. ?

I swallowed a fingernail by accident! It's been there for a few days.. I went on google and seen to eat bread I did.. I've drank lots of water as well I'm at the point of crying.. 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

You will be fine

• Login to reply the answers
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If the fingernail isn't hung up in your throat, your stomach acid will completely dissolve the fingernail in a few days, if it hasn't already. A fingernail just is composed of laminated layers of a protein called keratin. Your stomach acids will dissolve it, whether you eat bread or drink lots of water, or whether you don't. As far as your stomach acid is concerned, your fingernail is just another piece of food to be digested. You'll pass it when you move your bowels, but you won't be aware of it. The fingernail will be completely dissolved by that time.

• 1 month ago

I used to bite my nails all the time when I was little. And yes, I ate them. Still alive.

• 1 month ago

Well, if it is caught in your throat or more likely just scratched your throat, you can try gargling with warm saltwater.  

If that doesn't work try scraping it out with your fingernail.  If it gags you your throat muscles will contract and the contractions push it forward. Of course, you might also throw up. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

You probably already pooped it out.

If you've been examining your poop and didn't see it, this is likely because your stomach acid probably dissolved it. We normally pass the things we consume between 24-72 hrs, i.e., 1 to 3 days.

• martin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Use your medical plan. Ask your doctor to take an x-ray or sonogram and make sure there's no trouble inside you. People have digested more than that in their lives.

• 1 month ago

It's an unhealthy habit, but if you just...swallowd a fingernail, it's not really going to hurt you. If it somehow got stuck, then you're probably the unluckiest person in the world. I've been a nailbiter all my life and have never had a problem like that (though I will probably have several problems later).

Either way, go seek medical help if you somehow managed to get a fingernail lodged in your throat or something.

• 1 month ago

Okay? Do you have a question?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.