In a life or death scenario, should a woman be strong enough to pick up her husband and carry him to safety?

Only if he is incapable of crawling.

In First Aid we learned that a drag by the arms allows a much smaller person to move a larger one, so it is possible with enough commitment one could do this.

Then again sometimes Adrenalin rush gives a person short term strength (by bypassing the pain paths) that she might actually be able to move a much larger person in an emergency situation. That does depend on her reaction to the situation though.

You are assuming the husbands are bigger and stronger than any wife.

Charming notion. My husband is a foot taller and 100lbs heavier than I am. Once, after an accident with a horse in a nearly isolated locale, He got seriously hurt when the horse spooked, flipped over backwards and landed on him, he was half crushed, had a severed artery and could have bled out, I managed to get him to understand (he was in and out of consciousness) that he had to help me get him into the car so I could drive through the dessert to a military base. When we got to the gate, they took one look, escorted us to the hospital and no one even asked me our names until he was out of surgery. Sometimes, a person has to be strong enough to help rescue themselves. And I'll always be thankful to the military for how they came to our aid.

• .

Sure why not? It would be a great way of getting into shape if you could practice lifting him.