Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsHeart Diseases · 1 month ago

Does drinking alcohol make your heart weaker?

27 year old female and I go out on the weekends with friends drinking. May have been drinking more than ush lately and for this past week Ive felt my heart hurting when Im laying down in bed at night. It happens when Im laying on my side where it feels like a weird stabbing pain and then last night I remember being semi-awake and feeling a very uncomfortable pain radiating from my heart on the right side near my lungs but I could almost certainly tell it was from my heart.

Would drinking alcohol cause these symptoms? Im rather petite.

you will get cancer of the liver

Going to the doctor would probably be the best course of action.

i would hope not but if youre getting chest pains maybe you should go to the er

Not usually. I think you're just experiencing a coincidence. The only direct effects alcohol consumption (at the time of) can have on your heart is increasing your heart rate or lowering your heart rate which means you need call paramedics ASAP. 

I don't want to jump to Code Red, but if you describe the pain as a stabbing pain and coming from the upper abdomen area, have your doctor screen you for liver damage. 

• Rose1 month agoReport

The pain is coming from my chest lung and heart area