Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 3 weeks ago

What mental disorder could this be, if not schizophrenia?

What if you were abused while drugged and hypnotized as a 5 year old, although, you woke in the process and became aware of what was going on, for some reason, in later years, you forgot about the abuse, but then, decades later, the abuser used an hypnotic trigger on you, and you got instant flashbacks of the abuse, lasting a couple years, is that the integration of DID, including PTSD, or could it be something totally different? I don't necessarily feel like I have different alters.

Some more abuse happened in later years that was so unbelievable I just snapped into denial about it, until the hypnotic trigger was used on me. 

The hypnotic trigger was used to give me back the memories of abuse.  

I can't ask a doctor because no doctor believes in hypnosis and hypnotic triggers, but the truth is that those things are real. 

• justin

hypnosis is scientifically proven to work at least a little on 85% of ppl

When you speak of "hypnotic triggers", you are suggesting that something happens to involuntarily put you into an hypnotic state and that isn't possible in psychiatry.  And so I would ask where you got this idea?

This could be a delusional system and if it is, it could be a symptom of Schizophrenia.

However, you will need to see a psychiatrist regarding this and perhaps some psychological testing should be done to help with the correct diagnosis.

you need to go see a psychiatrist, he can let you know what it is

• martin

The good side of abuse is that you won't fear the next bully who comes along, and you'll know how to handle him.

That sounds like PTSD brought about through a trigger.