Parents are judging me for wanting to take a trip to Italy????

So im 28, moved out the beginning of this year and havent asked my parents for a single dime since i moved out. Yesterday i told them that i was thinking in going to italy with some friends for a week next spring of 2020. My dad then started to lecture me that im wasting my money that i need to focus to pay my debts (only debt i have is my car which i have 3 years left to pay off) I got angry and told him that im not getting any younger and need a get away desperately (MY depression and anxiety came back this year which is why im taking this trip to get away from worries, but my parents dont know this and wont understand if i did)

My question is, are they right or wrong? One of my bucket lists before i turn 30 is go to europe and i feel like i wont have another opportunity to go for another couple of years. Is my dad right saying that im just wasting money? Im still in college but i also work a full time job that involves my field of study.

IDK why getting an argument with him got the best of me...i literally just left because he was making me upset. Ive always been a good kid to them. But even tho ive moved out they still try to dictate my life.Its frustrating!

You're twenty-eight years old.  Why do you care what they think?  This is an opportunity of a lifetime.  Take it.  Why do you tell them what's going on in your life?

i would go, they cant legally stop you

There is no "right or wrong"--every one is entitled to feelings and you are certainly entitled to not want to follow that and you are entitled to spend you life and your money on a trip to Italy. Go, have fun. I would not call it a waste of money, and it can be very very educational.

When I was 26 I quit my job and went to Europe where I lived and wroked for a year. My father told me I had wasted a year of my life, but he was completely wrong. 

It was the best year of life, because I had adventures, learned a different language, experienced so many things, and became completely independent. 

So do it. Never mind what your parents think. It is your life, not theirs. 

Travel broadens the mind. 

That's just what a lot of parents do. There has to be an opposing force to everything it seems. Just take your trip to ltaIy if you have the extra money. It's good to do it while you're young.