asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 4 weeks ago

what kind of feeling does one get when seeing "sports bars and grilles" like Apple Bees or similar? why feels like an empty feeling?

like a materialiastic feeling, i dont know how to describe it

Update 2:

like above is one in Erie, Colorado that is called "Lazy Dog Sports Bar & Grill" and just seeing the inside of it and the people that work there. i get like a feeling of emptiness, like everything is about _________?  what? I cant nail it on the head?

WHICH KINDS OF PEOPLE DO LIKE THIS KIND OF "THING"? (talking about the types of houses, cars, jobs, activities, etc that all kind of are related to it)

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

1) This is not a philosophical issue dumbass, it's an emotional one, which makes it psychological and sociological in nature. Learn the difference and then post your question in the Social Sciences category. 

2) Obviously not everyone gets that feeling or such places wouldn't exist. People who like that sort of thing are generally very social and don't harbor a great fear of strangers and unfamiliar places. The feeling you get  occurs because you can't relate and probably haven't had a good emotional experience in such places. My guess is you are anti-social and suffer from emotional detachment from society.

• 4 weeks ago

I never look at grilles. Too depressing.

• 4 weeks ago

Yes, might as well say EMPTY.

• 4 weeks ago

it feels like not a place I should go ......... 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Franchise Bar and Grills leave me cold too. They have no individual unique character.

• reme_1
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

What kind of special feelings for a bar???

• 4 weeks ago

Sweetie. Want a good time and great food? Go to a dive bar. A one of kind, out of the way, locals go to it, dive bar. You'll meet interesting people and the food tends to be made from scratch by somebody who's been working there since, well, a while ago. Have some Rocky Mountain Oysters with your pitcher of local brew. Try the chicken gizzards and the sweet potato fries. Talk to the old lady who still had a fondness for Nixon. Ask the bikers where they're headed next. Play a game of pool with the man who claims the moon landing was faked. You want a real experience, find a place that's not a cookie cutter paradise. Glad to have helped. Have fun. 

• Madam Sin Bin
      Lv 5
      4 weeks agoReport

Cookie cutter-- in this case, those chain places are all the same place, with no character or differences. Rather like a batch of cookies. 

• 4 weeks ago

What style of dining location gives you a warm fuzzy feeling inside?

• 4 weeks ago

I get the feeling you've been living the life of a loser and don't get out much.

• X
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

What kind of feeling? The only feeling I get is "I hope they have good food".

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.