rj asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 4 weeks ago

In Spanish, how do you say 'she is short'?

I have been watching videos on youtube, and so that being said, I'm far from understanding the language and how it works. I know that the verb 'ser' is used to describe physical characteristics and that 'estar' is used to describe temporary things like feelings, as well as location, even if the location is permenant. But what if I wanted to say, she is short, when referring to a child, who obviously will grow, (and maybe become tall someday). This is a characteristic but it is subject to change and I wasn't sure how that would works. Thanks for any help you can offer!

Please be merciful, I realize the mistake I made in the second to last statement. lol.

Es bajita. . . .

• hi
      4 weeks agoReport

I wonder who thumbed down this comment ?.some jealous spanish native speaker who wants so badly to be chosen as the "best answer "? Or someone who doesn't even speak Spanish ? The translation provided by Anonymous makes total sense at least in South America.

The word "bajo" means "short", but it's usually avoided when talking about a woman because it can be taken to mean "immoral."  Use "pequeña" instead, in this case meaning "petite":

Ella es pequeña  -- She's short.

Ella está pequeña -- She LOOKS short.

Ask Google Translate...

You say "mi verga esta chaparra".