Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 4 weeks ago

Can all states of matter exist at once?

In one glob of reality?

How many universes exist?

Water exists as a solid, liquid, and gas on earth. Every substance has a triple point, a certain temperature and pressure where it can be in any or all of its three states.

Don't quote me, but I'd think there would an infinite amount. As long as there is energy and matter in motion to continue making that energy. If this were so, I think each of us would be here and everywhere. There would be a version of you in each universe, which would make you infinite as well.

I hope that didn't sound dumb. Lmao.

• geezer

Yes, for example, it is possible for ICE, WATER and STEAM to all 'exist' at once,

in the same place .. let alone in ''different universes''.

There is only ONE Universe by the way .. the Universe is EVERYTHING THAT EXISTS (individual Planets and Stars, Solar Systems, Galaxies, and all other forms of Matter and Energy) ..  and it goes on forever.

Yes, outside of Earth..   the count of Universes are nearly endless=no count.. It grows as we shrink..   do you ever notice that really tall people are clumsy and are in bad physical shape and never live too long?? and I'm not talking basketball players..  but, what do I know..??

Yes, all the phases of matter can exist at the same time, along with energy, but time hours in only one direction, forward, because of entropy. The Universe is becoming more unordered and chaotic.

We have no idea how many universes might exist. 6^6^6 are possible according to Robert A Heinlein in his last book, his swan song. Every time another author imagines a new universe, it MIGHT be real. That is both an exhilarating and terrifying thought AT THE SAME TIME. The Universe keeps showing  us it is stranger  than we can imagine. It keeps surprising us. 

• Fred

Heat up a frying pan drop an ice cube on the hot surface and take a look:  Solid ice, liquid water, and steam; water in the state of a gas.

You will have to help me out what "one glob of reality' and "How many universes exist" has anything to do with "all states of matter existing at one time"?  

If you are referring to Solid, Liquid, and Gas, then yes - it is called the "Triple Point". 

If you include the Plasma state, then I don't think so.