Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 4 weeks ago

Opinions please. Are cardigans, long or short, buttons or no buttons dated, ugly or “momsy” & so maybe unfashionable in women under 60?

Do not wish to look like that

Update:

Im no mother and have no desire to look fruMpy and momsy

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Good grief, woman. You wear a cardigan to keep yourself warm. I don't think you're trying to make a fashion statement if you wear one.

• 3 weeks ago

You obviously haven't gone and looked at any cardigans in any interesting shops lately. There are so many styles, and so many ways to wear them. There is absolutely no reason why a cardi HAS to look 'frumpy'.

• 3 weeks ago

cardis are awesome and practical--wear what you like--do it with confidence-style mavens are just empty people who have nothing better to do!

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I see sweaters like this on sale by all the "hip" clothing lines. So I think it comes down to what you're wearing under it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • drip
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Cardigans are sold at many teen stores. H&M, Forever 21.  The longer ones are very trendy right now.

• Jerry
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

And what if someone DOES think that your attractive cardigan is unfashionable? All that does is show how that someone thinks. It doesn't say anything about YOU. It's GOOD to not be a slave to fashion. And classic styles like cardigans, twin sets, V-neck pullovers and such? They NEVER go out of style. If they did, they wouldn't be considered "classics." So unless you're talking about chic and trendy details like ruffles, bell sleeves, shoulder cut outs, gigantic buttons, cascading front panels and such, neither "fashionable" nrt "unfashionable" applies to these classics. 

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

i would just wear whatever you want

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Not necessarily.  It depends on the cardigan.  Also, it's not just women who wear them.  I just saw 23-year-old Radek Lord wearing a cardigan last week on The Resident, and he looked hot AF.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Yes, a cardigan under 60 = frumpy & ugly look.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.