Birth control ( military spouse)?

I’m still trying to understand a lot still. My question is basically how do I follow up with getting birth control & will there be out of pocket cost, or is this covered by the military?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

A spouse is covered by Tricare. There are three different types so your expenses will depend on which one you sign up for. Standard is pretty much like the old Champus where you can pick your doctor. You pay 20% of the allowable amount with a $150 deductible. Or you can sign up for one of the more controlling forms. One gives you a list of doctors you can use. The other tells you where to go. Obviously the one where they have more control costs you less. You need to talk to the Tricare advisor at the base clinic or hospital to decide which you want.

• Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

are you on Prime or Standard?   with Prime, there are zero OOP costs if you get the Rx filled on base.  bear in mind that not every base has the same formulary so your particular method of NBC may or may not be an option at no cost.   if you go through Express Scripts or  Walgreens.. there is a co-pay and that will vary.  

Standard has co-pays and deductibles, but you do have more control over who you see.  you start with your PCM.  if you do not have a recent pap( under 6 months) on file, you will need one of those too.  

• 4 weeks ago

you get it the same way you do as a civilian.  you see your OB/GYN, get a prescription, get it filled on base or the pharmacy contracted with the military in the civilian market (some are for dependents), and you refill it as you always have.  there will be no charge

• 4 weeks ago

You go to the military clinic and their doctor will set it up. I think it's 100 percent covered.

Military healthcare is available on the post and in general it's part of the deal so you don't pay for it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

you need to ask the military this question

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.