molly asked in HealthWomen's Health · 3 weeks ago

Do I need a wire bra?

So I’m 13 nd I wear a training bra but I think it’s way to small and my boobs spill out which is embarrassing. I measured myself a 30D! Dunno if it’s right? 30 underneath and 34 on my actual boob. I think I need an underwire bra for support because my boobs hurt and feel heavy. Do you think it’s nessicary and should I ask my mum? I tried my older sisters one on and it felt better and lighter although was a little small. 

• Edna

When you're measuring your breasts for a bra, and if they're 30D: The "30" is your chest circumference measurement (just below your breasts) and the "D" is the cup size. Cup sizes go up "A"; "B"; "C"; "D".  That's the way it works. 

A 32A bra is a 32-inch chest measurement and an "A" cup; a 34B bra is a 34-inch chest measurement and a "B" cup; a 36C bra is a 36-inch chest measurement and a "C" cup; and so on. 

If you think your breasts measure 30D, your breasts are enormous on your small 30-inch chest measurement. 

Yes you need to talk to Mom. That training bra is now too small. It will also be a good idea for you to get correctly fitted

• Byrd

I am laughing here

Underwire bra cause breast cancer. Better not to use.

• In

According to the "Just My Size" guide you should be wearing a 30D. The link is attached. They also offer $10 shopping cash if you choose their product.  You can choose an underwire bra if you prefer, but it is not necessary for proper support.  In any case it would be a good idea to go shopping with your mom, aunt, or older sister.