Small lump inside neck on my right ?

20 year old male and I have a small lump inside my neck on my right side (a bit further and down from my ear) towards the back of neck, can only feel it if I turn my neck. It’s a little soar cause I keep touching it. Noticed it about 3 weeks ago. I showed it to some family members and they didn’t seem too be concerned by it. Any ideas what it is ?

Noticed it 3 weeks ago 

Hasn’t got any bigger in last month 

Difficult to feel unless I turn my

Neck 

Doesn’t hurt 

i would go see your doctor, he'll let you know what it is

Most likely to benign. Swollen Superficial Cervical Lymph nodes can happen for a variety of reasons. You can read about it in the link:

https://www.verywellhealth.com/cervical-lymph-node...

See your doctor if the condition is concerning to you.

Always treat advice on social media/internet boards as anecdotal only.

• Zoozu

It could be a cyst (especially if it feels like you can move it around under your skin), which would probably be harmless. It is a place wher cysts often form. It sounds like this is not near the lymph gland, which is more toward the front of your neck, right? If it was near or on the lymph gland, that could suggest an infection. Since it feels a little sore when you touch it, it would be smart to have a doctor examine it. You want to make sure it is not pressing against any internal structures in the neck (that is what I was told when I had a small lump in my neck). Many people (especially guys!) have a tendency to put off going to a doctor if their complaint seems to be insignificant; after all, most people don't enjoy going to the doctor. But it's not good to wait too long. Why not give it 2 more weeks, and if it either stays the same size and continues to be sore, or seems to get even more swollen, see a doctor, maybe at one of those urgent care places or your family doctor. You are an adult and should take care of yourself, so how you feel is more important than what your family seems to think.

• william1 month agoReport

It’s basically on the bone I think, might be muscle