GSN asked in HealthOther - Health · 4 weeks ago

Blood results phone call?

Im 28 years old.

I did my bloodwork before my physical appointment because I wanted to know the results when I met the doctor. Unfortunately, due to work and other circumstances Ive had to reschedule the appointment multiple times even tho the doctors office already has the results.

Today I asked if i could the results but the nurse called me and said the doctor would like to go over the results with you during the physical.

I asked if the results were bad and she said no - we would have called right away if they were.

Now im worried what is their definition of “bad” - bad as in life threatening or bad as in something is slightly off.

Im a hypochondriac and having to wait an entire week till the actual appointment is killing me.

Any help?

• Mike
    Favorite Answer

They call you to come in for bad news right away for news on the level of:

An STD

or

Cancer

Most other stuff like high blood pressure, diabetes, anemia, low white blood cells, low plateletts, high cholesterol, etc can all wait a few weeks to explain those results in person. 

They would rather speak in person so they can prescribe something and explain how to use it and what to expect. 

Nothing you can do but wait, tell yourself your not going to think about it and get busy doing something to buy the time. 

i would just try to make an appt you can keep this time

They will call you and tell you you need to come in right away if there is something bad. It's simply against the law to release your information over the phone. That's the bottom line my friend you can't tell people over the phone your medical information and has to be in person. There is nothing wrong it's just the law