Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 4 weeks ago

Why do strangers feel like they can express their “comments” on my 4 year old child ?

My child is extremely smart for her age and strong willed, outspoken. She’s going to do great things. I’m helping her do that by being a great mom. I hate when strangers feel like they can just say any compliments/comments on my child. Why can’t people be quiet and keep to themselves?? That’s what I do. I would hate to intrude on someone else’s especially a mom’s life. Parenting is hard as it is and people make it purposely harder and give moms a hard time 

• .....

You are part of society, as is your child. Get used to it. No human is so great as to believe they are greater than their fellow man. A little humility isn't bad.

If you want to explain to your baby that some people think differently do so. Possibly your personal expression is causing some of the comments.

• Foofa

If you find compliments for "being a great mom" annoying you should probably instruct your child prodigy to just keep her mouth shut in public. Because when a kid is mature beyond their years people tend to want to comment on it.

• reme_1

You need to get strong inside and be able to tell people that their comments are offensive.

Strangers commented on my grandson's hearing aids when he was a year old.

So you support your child being outspoken but freak out when others are outspoken.

Google hypocrite.

• lau4 weeks agoReport

Maybe she only wants her child to be outspoken 

Littls girls are the most adorable kind of human being ever. They deserve every kind of compliments. You should always praise children for their sweetness

A word of advice, mom: You cannot control or change what other people do, so you would be better off teaching your precocious little girl the psychology behind what others might feel inspired to do when they see a cute kid.  

My little girl was born in February 1979 and began reading at age 2. She had a photographic memory and wisdom far beyond your babyhood years, and I delighted in having others be enchanted by her beautiful little self.  But, like you, I did not want my darling girl to be caught up in anything that would impact her self-esteem from outside sources, so I turned down a modeling offer for Sears Catalog, thinking that modeling is far too traumatizing in the long run.