Best things to do while in New York?

My parents surprised me with a trip to New York in the spring with my boyfriend! What are the best places? What about ones that aren’t super touristy?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

Statue of Liberty is the best thing in new york.

• 3 weeks ago

Be sure to grab a slice of pizza from Joe's Pizza. It is legendary and not overpriced!!

• 4 weeks ago

Let's explore the best things to do in NYC: The Metropolitan Museum of Art. Source: Anton_Ivanov / shutterstock. Central Park. Source: GagliardiPhotography / shutterstock. National 9/11 Memorial and Museum. Empire State Building. Statue of Liberty. The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) Rockefeller Center. Brooklyn Bridge.

• Cammie
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Upstate or the city ? ?

• MS
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

It's really hard to answer such a broad question.  There are SO many things to do in NYC, so it's hard to advise without knowing which of those you might really like.  

I definitely recommend seeing a Broadway show.  

There are a number of high-level observation decks.  Top of the Rock is my favorite, but there are also decks at Empire State Building and World Trade Center.  You can visit Central Park, or if you want a somewhat less touristy feel you can visit Washington Square or Riverside parks.  

There are the typical tourist sites - Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island. Coney Island (depending on when in the spring your trip is), Times Square, etc.  There are tons of great places to eat.  

• 4 weeks ago

There's so much to do in New York, that it's really hard to know where to start. What kinds of things are you interested in? There are wonderful museums- including small, specialized ones. If you're interested in ethnic neighborhoods, you can take the ferry and explore Brooklyn. Even Manhattan is a city of neighborhoods, each with it's own identity. You might enjoy just exploring Greenwich Village or Soho or Harlem. 

• 4 weeks ago

Hell's Kitchen in Manhattan

• 4 weeks ago

You really need to try 1 dollar New york pizza.

Ask the ppl on the streets for recommendations

• Yes
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Ewww Elliot, you're gay?

Well, you should fit in quite well with the other fa2gs here lol

• Mamie
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

@ Yes:  So you're absolutely certain that ELIOT isn't a nom de plume?  Do you even know what a nom de plume is?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.