Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 4 weeks ago

Kids vs money?

I moved to the US from UK I know America has a gun law allowing citizens to own guns I see a lot of mass shootings in schools regardless of colour but why are Americans happy to have armed guards at banks but not even 1 at their school? 

It just seems to me money means more than kids in USA.

• Foofa

Some schools do have armed security and others did at one time have that but special interest groups have lobbied hard to have those school cops disarmed. Search up "the militarization of school police" to read more about how organizations like the ACLU eliminated weapons from the hands of those tasked with policing our campuses. A related search for "school to prison pipeline" will further elucidate on some of these issues.

Most schools in America have a police officer on duty.

Um, don't speak for Americans. I think that all schools should have armed guards. If it is anyone you have a problem with, it is the politicians on ALL sides. Then again, you could look at our politicians and government compared to yours and the rest of the world's. They are ALL corrupt.