Can I use the military exchanges in Kuwait? Retired?

I will also have a diplomatic card from the Kuwaiti government.

Long way to go to save on shopping. You have to have an ID card and be able to get on base.

• Mrsjvb

no.  OCONUS facilities are limited to only those personnel stationed there.  so unless you work on base, you may not shop there. ( or any AAFES/NEX  facility overseas. )

• Bill-M

Most Likely NO.   Check the SOFA (Status of Forces Agreement).

a 'diplomatic card' from the Kuwaiti government would be of no use.  

as far as using the exchanges, my best GUESS would be NO, but it depends on the SOFA agreement we have.  My husband was assigned to Camp Behring in Kuwait, and when i went to visit him in Kuwait City while i was in medical school and i had a break, but i could not even get ON POST, because i was not assigned to the base and did not have a base issued card, or orders saying i had to have access to the base... and i was active duty (albiet on active reserves while i was in school) - so i could not get on base to even USE the PX