Can I survive only eating these things for life?

Green peas, green beans, lettuce,

small pieces of corn not on the cob, Sardines and soft tofu

10 Answers

Relevance
  • denise
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I suppose so, but you'll run out of recipes quite soon.

• geezer
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

It depends on what you mean by ''for life''.

Whatever we eat we eat it until we die .. i.e. ''for life''.

• 4 weeks ago

"Can I survive only eating these things for life?"

Yes you can survive for life on those items, however it could be shortened with the possibility of some essential nutrients not being sufficient in the amounts, that are needed to live a long and healthy life. For the vitamins A B1, niacin, folate, B12, choline,C, and K1 (phylloquinone) are good. However Vitamin E is not, as you're coming up short, and the same for thiamine, pantothenic acid, in the vitamin department. While for some of the essential minerals you'd be good for, some you'd be coming up short on. There also a good chance of not getting enough calories, that could result in an anorexic weight level, as some are fairly low calorie. Of course this is eating those foods three times a day. What I've given as an answer, is a short summary, from a nutritional aspect. 

• 4 weeks ago

you know the answer is no.........

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

You are missing a lot of what the body needs in such a limited diet.

• Gert
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

What's the matter with you?

• 4 weeks ago

Yes you could survive on that if you eat enough of it.

• 4 weeks ago

Let us know how that works out for ya

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Yes you could.

By definition, if you eat them until you die - whether that's at age 40 or age 100 - you've eaten them for life. 

• 4 weeks ago

That list of items does not include anything with detectable amounts of Vitamin C or Vitamin D.  You would need to ate some fresh fruits to stay health.

Also there is not a lot of protein in that mix.

Lettuce has absolutely no nutritional value.  Corn is often not digested and just passes through the body.

You need to increase your diet a whole lot over what you have listed there.

• Wendigo
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Now between the four vegetables, a person can get about seventy percent of their RDA for vitamin C, by eating one hundred grams of each. As far as the corn not being digestible, that's a myth, and scientifically been proven as such. As for protein overall, there's more than you think there is there.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.