Eric asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 4 weeks ago

What’s a good way of teaching the words Sing, Dance, and Paint to students with beginner level English ?

I was recently asked to prepare a creative 3-4 minute sample lesson, teaching student w/ beginner level English. The vocabulary words are  Sing Dance and Paint.. My target audience is 3-5 year olds... I am stumped.. 

You could play a game in which every time you say "sing" kids have to pretend they are singing. When you say "dance", kids have to dance and when you say "paint" they have to pretend they are painting.

You can change the speed of saying "sing", "dance" and "paint" so that the kids can have more fun.

For example, you can say "singsingsingsingingsing" and the kids have to pretend they are singing quickly then "dance.                        .dance.                        dance......" and they'll have to dance slowly etc.

Kids learn really well that way. I've tried it before and it worked better than I imagined.

By the way, sorry for my mistakes. English isn't my language.