Ramona
Ramona asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 4 weeks ago

When you change the category on YA, does it popup on top of the changed category?

For example, if i posted a question and after 10 minutes I realized that it's in the wrong category, does it go to the top at the new category like I just posted it or does it get posted at the bottom or middle of the board?

I hope this makes sense.

• .

It will be added to the question list of the subcategory you moved it to, in chronological order based on when it was originally posted. So, you can't post a question today, move it to an active subcategory tomorrow, and have it move to the top of the question list in the new subcategory.

• Daniel

No it wont be Placed at the Top of the Category unless thats the Most Recent Question that was Asked

It does not go to the top.......unless NO other questions  have been asked in that ten minutes. 

If it's a heavy traffic category,  like P&S  or politics......NO, it will  be slotted among the questions  asked 10  minutes ago.,.....possibly already 20 or 30 questions down the list. 

It shows in the same time slot. That is required lest trolls constantly move questions between categories so it keeps showing at the top.

No, it would be placed with other questions asked at that same time.  For example, if your questions 10 minutes old and you move it to another category your question will be placed with other questions that are 10 minutes old.

Update:  Yahoo places questions into a category based on certain words in your question.  I find that around 80% of the questions posted are wrong.  I also find that most of the time a question is posted in P&S subcategory.

It goes to its place sorted by time first entered.

It does not go to the top. It shuffles into its proper place in line.