How do I get friends to use my name?

My friends from school never use my name. They always refer to me as the gay, the f@g, the homo, etc. When I ask why they don’t use my name, they always laugh and say, “Don’t worry about it”. 

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Kiss, tickle and hug them (the boys) jockingly every time they call you names. If they're your friends they shouldn't have a problem with that. If they do, say to them: "what's the matter? I'm gay and therefore attracted to boys".

• Sky
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I call bullsh!t.  Nobody would refer to people as "friends" if those people constantly referred to him by those names.  Is your self esteem really so abysmally low that you would continue to hang around such people and delude yourself into thinking they are friends?  Nobody is that pathetic.

• 1 month ago

News flash:  these people are NOT your "friends." You need to find a new circle to hang out with.

• 1 month ago

They are not your friends. Find people who will treat you with the respect you deserve. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I know that it's hard to get rid of friends, but it's mandatory. Slowly distance yourself from them, find new friends. If there's no one you know IRL, the internet has plenty of small communities of not shitty people. Don't let them drive you into internalized oppression.

• 1 month ago

Well you do have a name and your so called friends refused to call you by your name then they're not really your friends are they? Find another group to hang out with.

• reme_1
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

These are your friends? Time to find new friends. These people are morons- not friends. Please start deleting these people off your friend list NOW. You are being **** on by these people.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Why don't you talk to school administrators about this harassment? They are supposed to make sure you have a positive, supportive atmosphere around you so you can learn. If they won't listen, get your parents involved.

• 1 month ago

Maybe they think that is your name?

• 1 month ago

Get new friends.....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.